Monday, March 28, 2011

Play That Funky Music...

So, I've always told myself that I would one day keep a really groovy notebook of all the concerts I've been to, complete with thoughts from the shows, set lists and ticket stubs! Great idea, huh?

Well, let's just say that one day never came, and by the way, do you know how much effort that would take??? SERIOUSLY!  I don't even have all of my ticket stubs and don't know what I was thinking with some of the shows I went to...  Anyway, this is my attempt to list all of the bands I've seen in concert. I have put an * next to bands I've seen more than once, and I'm not even sure the list is complete, but, this is everything I can remember.  They are in no particular order, but here goes...



BTW, I threw a few links in here to some of my favorite songs.  Enjoy!

Grateful Dead *
Rat Dog *
Phil and Friends *

Eric Clapton
Eric Clapton
Anne Murray (don't ask)
Beastie Boys *
Tribe Called Quest
Breeders
Smashing Pumpkins
Tom Petty *

Blues Traveller *
Rusted Root *
Lenny Kravitz *
Son Volt *
White Zombie
Dave Matthews *
Social Distortion
Cypress Hill
Doug E Fresh
Metallica *
Godsmack *
The Exies
Kings of Leon

Modest Mouse (pre Johnny Marr)
George Clinton/ Parlament *
Van Halen- Sammy Hagar : (
10 Years
Buck Cherry
Robert Plant & Allison Kraus *
White Stripes
Raconteurs *
Robert Earl Keen *

G Love *
Jack Johnson
Ben Harper*           
Ben Harper
Galactic *
Gillian Welch
Guster *
Gov't Mule *
Los Lonely Boys
Levon Helm

Doc Watson
Mofro *
Sam Bush*
String Cheese Incident
Wilco *
Cowboy Mouth
Kellar Williams

O.A.R*
Nickle Creek
Robert Randolph & Family Band *
Yonder Mountain String Band*
John Butler Trio
Old Crow Medicine Show*
Steve Winwood
Jimmy Buffett *
Cracker

Todd Snider *
Todd Snider
Sting
Cheryl Crow *
The Eagles
Annie Lenox
Indigo Girls
Drivin' N' Cryin' *
Widespread Panic * 
Oysterhead

Primus*
Black Crowes *
Ani DeFranco *

Moe *
Wallflowers *
Gin Blossoms
Shawn Mullins
Josh Joplin Band

Ghostland Observatory (briefly, but enough to know I'd like to see them again...)
Lez Zeppelin (again, don't ask...)
ZOSO (Zeppelin tribute band- very good) *
Appetite for Destruction (GnR tribute band)
Disco Biscuts
Bobby Bare Jr.
Elvis Costello
Beck

Phish
Phish*                           
Radiohead
Bonnie Raitt
Emmy Lou Harris *
Lucinda Williams
Steve Earle

Dierks Bentley
Marty Stewart
Travis Tritt
Hootie & the Blowfish

Pete Yorn
John Mayer
T-Bone Burnett
Dark Star Orchestra *

Pearl Jam
The Knux
Bruce Springsteen
Snoop Dogg
Merle Haggard
Pixies

Dylan
Bob Dylan*       
DJ Keoki
Martina McBride
Cake
Weezer
Better than Ezra
Black Sabbath
Derek Trucks
Jason Mraz
Lee Greenwood
Sister Hazel
Green Day
Disturbed
Pat McGee Band

The Cult
Allman Bros
Rodrigo y Gabriella
Great American Taxi
Roger Daltrey
Zac Brown Band
Kris Kristofferson
The Chieftains
Garth Brooks
John Prine *
Van Morrison
Willie Nelson*
Willie Nelson
Maybe one day I'll do a post on some of my favorites, and I'll try to continue to update the list, but we'll see how that goes!  Would love to hear back from folks about bands they have seen!

7 comments:

  1. No Richard Thompson? I highly, highly recommend. You don't even want to see my list, it goes back far enough that I saw the original Iron Butterfly w/It's A Beautiful Day. My first concert, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw Richard Thompson briefly at Bonnaroo a few years ago

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, no U2 or REM. I know I've forgotten several. Joe- would LOVE to see a list of your shows! Bet there are some great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lists like this. I have a google spreadsheet of all my shows and sporting events. i even have every ticket stub from every event i've ever attended (minus a few of course)
    Keep on Rocking in the Free World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMZEXepC95A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's the list..
    C if this works.

    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhQLKfb8-Ww0cE9rNUNtcjRibEJtaDZ2Mmdza0x1Rmc&hl=en&authkey=CIXQtoUL

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the spreadsheet, E! I just saw this!

    ReplyDelete